Wednesday 15 July 2009

Amazon Web Services - Authentication Changes

Just a reminder that, in a month's time, data requests to Amazon Web Services (or Product Advertising API or E-Commerce Services or whatever they are calling themselves now) will need additional authentication.

This may not effect many booksellers, but if you use Book Listing software, Book Scouting software or use the Amazon database to create Amazon Affiliate adverts and you have problems on 15 August, then the new authentication requirements may be the cause.

I have managed to make the changes to my software, but only after a lot of difficulty: Amazon WebServices help pages are next to useless - the best help you can get is from the AWS Developer Forum:
http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/forum.jspa?forumID=9

I also had to get my web hosting service to update my server so that my PHP programs could use the required encryption functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment